To all our members, all of you, the ones who are active and the ones who are not, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, this post is to say thank you to each and every one of you.

Without you guys, we couldn’t do what we want, we couldn’t succeed, we wouldn’t run, so from my bottom of my heart, thank you so much for supporting us this year.

It might sound cheesy the things that I say, but they’re all honest and they come from the bottom of my heart. There aren’t really the words to say thank you for everything.

First and foremost, thank you for voting me as your VP, in this position I have managed to do so many things, including the starting of this blog. All the comments, the support that you guys offer to us in ways that you might not think. The stalls we do, the outside events that we run. If you guys didn’t want to do these things, we couldn’t run them.

Thank you all of you, thank you for everything, thank you for being part of our family. You are my second family, my friends, my uni experience wouldn’t be the same without you and I know the others feel the same,

Love Nic


Below are messages from the rest of the exec

Hello members! 2017 has been a turning point in my life thanks to the Science Fiction and Fantasy Society. I never believed that I would be voted in to be President so thank you once again for giving me a chance. You guys have always been my University family- a bunch of happy nerds from different parts of the world. It has been my absolute pleasure working for you and I promise you that I (along with the rest of my exec) will make sure that the coming year is exciting and fun filled. Thank you for always being there for me, replying to questions on chat or even sending memes. Thank you for everything! Hope you have a wonderful new year 😊
Ps. Thank you so much for sending me to Oxford
Love Tanya x

Hey guys! I don't wanna repeat any of the other exec in saying thank you for putting up with us and being patient. I wanna personally say thank you for being such a lovely group of people and giving me some of the best friends I've made in my life. Without you guys I wouldn't have very little or no friends at all here at uni so it really means a lot, I honestly can't put it into words. Thank you for making 2017 bearable amidst the world's crises. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year!
Love Muneeb

Thank you for supporting me in my duties, creating events and assisting with events for the society has been a highlight for me and i hope you have loved every event that has taken place in the society. The new introduction of the craft and learning events so you guys can make and learn new things about Science Fiction and Fantasy have been enjoyed by me and i hope you have all enjoyed them as much that i have. Of course, the events wouldn't have had the success that they have had without you attending the events that we have put on collectively for you to enjoy so i thank you for that as well. I care about this society, and i love seeing it flourish and see you guys enjoying yourselves and having a good time. I look forward to planning more events for you with the other executives to have an even better spring term. Hope you all have a good Christmas!
Love Daniel

Hi everyone. Firstly, I would like thank you all for being a part of our society. Without you, we wouldn't have been able to do our weekly events or go to MCM London, Cine10 or RollerWorld.
Secondly, I would also like to apologise for my shortcomings as an exec. I'm not the most approachable of individuals and I'm sorry if I have acted rude or dismissive in your presence. I hope to change this attitude in the new year and improve my failings.
Anyway, thank you all and Merry Christmas. You make our society possible.
Love Pablo

Thank you all for a wonderful first term at Sci-Fi. As many of you probably know b now, ive been there a long time now. This is my 5th year at Essex and I’ve been part of Sci-Fi since my first. Ive seen things change, a lot, in that time, but one thing that remains constant is the thing that makes it worthwhile in the first place – the people I meet there. The members of the society. You guys are the life blood of the society, and you’re what keeps it going.
For those of you that have, thank you for helping me with my fundraising endeavors, and to all of you, thank you for bringing enjoyment to my life every Wednesday and Saturday evening, every visit we do, and every time I see one of you out and about on campus. This society has always been like a home to me. Always where most of my friends ae on campus. And this year is definitely no different. Our celebration of geekery, diversity and openness is welcoming, perhaps one of the most welcoming places on campus, at least in my experience

Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas, you deserve it

Connor, your charity and fundraising officer

To reiterate everything that has been said above, the society couldn’t exist without you, our favourite bunch of nerds.
Thank you for staying by our side, we hope that we can make the society even better and we look forward to an awesome 2018!

Have a wonderful holiday and we look forward to seeing you all in the new year!


Lots of love, your Sci-Fi and Fantasy Exec